ACTIVE RECAPITULATION
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Dunk Low
Voir le deal
64.99 €

Eckhart Tolle

3 participants

Eckhart Tolle Empty Eckhart Tolle

Message  David Lun 24 Aoû - 19:06

I have really been appreciating books by Eckhart Tolle of late. Anyone else read him?

David

David

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Eckhart Tolle Empty Podcasts...

Message  Colline Lun 24 Aoû - 21:53

I did not read his books but i have been watching podcasts of the Oprah show where she was presenting one chapter of his last book ("New Earth"?) every week with him. It was great, very inspiring, and also funny to appreciate the contrast between Oprah, being very exhuberant, wearing colorful clothes and Eckart, always collected and wearing the same clothes as my geography teacher at school, if you know what i mean...

He is definetly a very good teacher and his eyes were glowing most of the time. He also looks strangly young for his age. What i liked a lot in this tv show was that people from all over the world could ask questions and make comments through Skype, this made the show very interactive and vivid.

What do you like most in his teachings?
Colline
Colline
Admin

https://active-recap.forumactif.com

Eckhart Tolle Empty Re: Eckhart Tolle

Message  fromthetrees Mer 26 Aoû - 13:43

I also really like his stuff.
The way i see it if you follow his advice then you mould your perception to adopt a specific view of reality.
Its a stalking exercise. In this instance we are stalking 'spacious awareness'.
His explanations and instruction tell us what to do with our awareness in order to hold this view.
First we have to move our assemblage point to this new place, then practice holding it there.

fromthetrees

Message  David Sam 29 Aoû - 0:08

I'm not sure how to describe it. He kind of takes the way a lot of people talk about Buddhism and modernizes it - makes it more balanced, makes the language less extreme and easier to understand and make practical. He has some great practical tricks for finding happiness - just reading the book you feel how happy and simple this guy is. It's really amazing that just reading it, I feel it's impossible to think anything or do anything but just enjoy. It's a liberating book for me, and I'm not really sure why.

David

David

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé